Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Arabic Poems
I love Arabic classical poetry and believe that there is a very huge gap between Arabic as a language and the people who are supposed to be Arabs. Some friends of mine use to boast of new-made poems by so-called contemporary poets. I know it's unfair to judge people's tastes according to my own criteria. However, I don't accept any comparison between classic and modern poetry. I believe that classic poems are holy – according to my own literary terms. Let me simplify my point. Being suffered of unjust treatment is an idle idea for a lot of old and new poets. This subject is consumed by all poets all over the world. However, I have not found yet any poetic beauty as what I read in one of the classical Arab poem. It says unjust treatment would be harder on one's heart if it came from a close friend. This action from a friend is as hard as a the effect of a broad fatal sword. What a perfect tool they mastered. Sometimes I use this verse to draw people's pity and win their support. To finalize the meaning, I will tell you what one of my old relatives did to me the other day. He advised me not to watch my money but rather watch my health. So one day when I was watching my health, someone stole my money. It was my old relative.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.